Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A little bit of progress on Beaded Dragonfly

I'm now back to stitching and my arm is good as new :)

I can't tell you how relieved I am.  After some time with Google and WebMD, I was scared silly I had tendonitis.  For now, though, just in case, I'm stitching in shorter bursts and I'm making sure I have more support as I stitch and work on my laptop.  

I picked up Beaded Dragonfly Tile and I just couldn't resist doing some more beading.  I love the blues and turquoises that Martina of Chatelaine Designs chose, and it adds so much bling to the pattern.  I have a first beaded dragonfly to show off.  Martina suggested that they be backstitched and then beaded, which worked pretty well.  Only three more to go.

  

Happy stitching everyone!

Julie

10 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you that your arm feels better. Your beaded dragonfly is stunning! This piece is going to be awesome. And you're right, the colors in this piece are really great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic selection of beads' colors for wings and very beautiful gold backstitch. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you feel better! Lovely beautiful progress on your project, it really look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you feeling better..lovely stitching x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the arm is feeling better. I love the dragonfly - it will be a stunning piece. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blingy bug!!

    I know lots of people, including myself, that have been battling tendinitis. It sucks! I'm glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your arm is feeling better. Dragonfly looks great. I am trying very hard to not buy that series but I think Butterfly is going to pull me in (and I won't be able to buy just one of them as it's a series).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are feeling better and able to stitch again. The dragonfly is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh that dragonfly looks beautiful. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your arm is feeling better. Gorgeous colours - looks beautiful on the black fabric.

    ReplyDelete